Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Letter to my Daughter Aaradhya on her 2nd Birthday

The Apple Of My Eyes, My Ever So Adorable Daughter Aaradhya!



I am writing this to you on your 2nd birthday. I can’t believe you are turning 2 today.

These are my wishes for you as you continue to grow up and become your own woman in this magnificent world.

May you always be so proud of your body pointing out your beautiful belly and happy to see your reflection in the mirror.

The time really does fly when you have a little one. You looked so different then and still so much the same in many ways. As I perused through those early photos of you in my phone’s camera roll last night, I saw many of your expressions that I have come to know and love. Especially that serious little gaze you have when you are deep in thought.

I took you back from the hands of your mother's parents (your nana, nani) on April 24, 2015. I can't express my feelings in words when you first time came to Chandigarh with me.

It was truly magical. You started talking right around 18 months and you haven’t stopped since. Your language has seriously just exploded and you are constantly coming up with something new and you are so good at putting together pieces about the world around you.

At bed time you made me sing “Nanha Munna Rahi Hun, Om Jai Jagdish, Shiv Kailasho Re...” to you at least ten times and after each rendition you tell “Just one more time Papa. This is the last time.”

Currently your favorite songs are “Sabse Pyara Kon Hai..., Choti Si Nahi si Pyari Si... And some Rhymes Eyo o o, eyo o o, O o o o o, Baba Black Sheep and Johny Johny Yes Papa". You request to listen to these songs multiple times on a daily basis and usually we oblige, because it makes you so blissfully happy. You sang your birthday song , "Happa happa to you...".

This year you showed us your love for animals. You pretty much want to cuddle any furry creature you come in contact with. It makes me happy how much you love animals and sometimes I wonder if you’ll always have such a love for them. You completely adore them and carry them around everywhere. You pretty much always have at least one doll or stuffed animal tagging along with you at a given moment. Oh no...!! when you saw a real Camel first time at Sukhna Lake Chanidgarh, you start crying with fear!

You have made some good friends here, you play with them and enjoy your life with them. Meeshu bua :) was your favorite friend included Nanha, Jiya, Simmi and Saloni.

This year we have also learned that you are tenacious and determined. You always know exactly what you want and you have no problem letting your desires be known. Many times you will wake up and the first thing out of your mouth is your breakfast order. No Good Morning Mama/Papa. Just “I wanna eat milk.” It always makes me laugh.

You are also real into reading people’s emotions. Just the other day we saw a little pug while we were out and you said, “Papa, doggy royi royi kar rahi hai..". Be happy doggy!” You don’t like anyone to be sad. I actually think it makes you uneasy when one of us is unhappy. The other day I was pretending to be sad when you would not share something with me and you got pretty upset about it.

You have a silly, little spirit that we just love and a little laugh I adore. You have a raspy, throaty little chuckle that matches your little voice. I thought you would grow out of it by now, but it’s still around and it’s my favorite. I hope it lasts forever.

I could go on and on about all the things I have learned to love about you this year, but I’ll end by just saying that I am so thankful and blessed to be your papa. I can’t wait to enjoy this next year of adventures with you my sweet CHEEKU!

I hope I can always help guide you in the right direction. I hope I allow you enough freedom to make your own decisions. In the meantime, I have loved every single second of watching you learn and explore and grow. You are turning from a baby to a child far too quickly, I hate it.

Here is something about your mother, your mother has some psycho problem. Every time she used to make some non-sense issues for nothing and create problems. She always wants to show me inferior in front of her parents and society.

She never speaks mannerly enough to me. She always talked rudely. When ever I tried to make her understand the things she get angry and make issues. That is really her ego! She always used to talk useless things to her mother over the phone. Every time when I tried to call her, her mobile found busy answering "the person you are calling is busy to talk to another person". For long time she did not picked up my calls.

She always used false statement to show me inferior. Over the phone call to her mother she always produce a feeling of alarm.

Whenever we go to market, she swipes several things from the shop, which is very shameful to her. I always tried to make her understand and asks to return the stolen goods to the shop. Even I complaint this to her mother, but she (her mother) also used the same thing. I have some recorded voice of her mother, which you can find here. They always tried to separate you from me. How can a mother tell her married daughter, "Just do time pass with your husband".

I would love to keep you exactly how you are at this moment forever, but I know I can’t. What I can do is cherish every single second of right now. Savor your high pitched giggles and tickle your quickly disappearing baby thighs.

I have no doubts that you will conquer every obstacle in your future. You are wonderful. You are amazing. You are worthy. You are gorgeous. You are you.

I love you. Happy birthday. We celebrate your beautiful little soul today, and every day. Keep shining your light.

Love you my Apricot! :) Cheeku :)

No comments:

Post a Comment